Many people - with their work responsibilities, the daily traffic jams they are caught in, their own health and exercise demands, their obligations to family and friends, and their generally fast-paced lifestyles - are hard pressed to find time to carry out in-home duties.
The increasing demand for our services can be attributed to these prevalent social trends:
- Child care facilities (such as daycare and crèche centres) are rampant with infectious diseases. As this situation is worsening, an increasing amount of families are seeking private in-home caregivers, namely Au Pairs and Nannies. Similarly, families are seeking alternatives to frail care institutions where health standards are not being upheld.
- Frail care facilities are being avoided because of the alarming stories of mistreatment and abuse towards patients, which is often the result of under-paid staff. Besides this, staff in these facilities simply cannot provide personalized services that can be customized to meet the patients unique health care requirements, whilst being sensitive to their lifestyles, cultural backgrounds, spiritual and personal needs.
- The increasing crime rate in our country means that neither children nor the elderly may safely utilize public transport. This has resulted in an immense increase in demand for personal drivers/chauffeurs.
- The need for trained, experienced and security conscious domestic staff is more essential than ever. It is no longer an option to ask your neighbors nanny for a referral. Families who undertake to source high-calibre staff have found it a very difficult, extremely time consuming, and often futile task. An increasing amount of families are therefore looking for reliable agencies, who have established networks and resources, for such recruitment processes. Families often rely on fast-foods and instant meals, as they see no alternative at the end of a long and busy day. With the ever increasing health and nutrition awareness, families are now looking for alternatives. Our chefs perform the arduous tasks of grocery shopping, meal planning and proving nutritious and sustainable meals.
- At an alarming rate, children are being diagnosed with learning disabilities including ADHD and Autism. Often these children cannot succeed in a mainstream school without extra help. This means more and more parents employ tutors, facilitators and home school teachers to ensure their children get the best education possible. In addition, due to rising competitive standards, parents employ tutors to assist their children in reaching higher grades, thus ensuring acceptance into tertiary level institutes.
More and more households consist of two working parents, or a single parent, that cannot find the time to perform domestic cleaning duties, maintain healthy family diets, give their children undivided attention, or care for their frail or elderly parents. The need for professional assistance is dire. This is the GAP that Handy Helpers fills – The first agency of its kind in our country!